We're pleased to announce the release of the first public version of MapTogether's Illustrated Guide to Nonprofit GIS and Online Mapping. The Guide includes:
- a brief introduction to mapping and GIS (geographic information systems) technology and concepts
- examples of successful nonprofit projects using GIS and/or mapping technologies
- helpful strategies for planning your own mapping/GIS project
- a review of public data sources with freely available data
- a brief review of free and low-cost tools for nonprofit mapping and GIS projects
The Guide is released under a Creative Commons 3.0 NC/BY/ND license.
Read more: http://maptogether.org/nonprofit-mapping