Hvis kort var en virus MapProxy kunne være inkubationsrummet ....
If maps were a virus this is the incubation chamber ...
MapProxy is an open source proxy for geospatial data. It caches, accelerates and transforms data from existing map servers. Unlike other solutions, the OGC WMS standard remains on client and server-side.
It is a middle-man between existing web map servers (like MapServer or GeoServer) and clients. All existing web and desktop GIS applications can be used, but also modern clients like OpenLayers and GoogleEarth.
Features of MapProxy
MapProxy acts as a WMS, TMS and KML server. It does not render any data itself but delegates requests to other server. It stores all responses and reuses that cached data for further requests. It can requests data from WMS and TMS clients.
- WMS 1.0.0, 1.1.1, 1.3.0
- TMS 1.0.0
- KML 2.2
- accelerate existing WMS
- reproject to other SRS (i.e. cache in EPSG:4326, requests in EPSG:31467)
- combine individual map layers from different WMS services
- hide the origin WMS servers
- fill caches dynamic, in advance or both
- add watermarks and/or attributions to all responses
Read more: http://mapproxy.org/