Geodataens Babelfisk ...
The geospatial Babelfish ...
is a translator library for raster geospatial data formats that is released under an X/MIT style Open Source license by the Open Source Geospatial Foundation. As a library, it presents a single abstract data model to the calling application for all supported formats. It also comes with a variety of useful commandline utilities for data translation and processing. The NEWS page describes the August 2009 GDAL/OGR 1.6.2 release.
The related OGR library (which lives within the GDAL source tree) provides a similar capability for simple features vector data.
- Wiki - Various user and developer contributed documentation and hints
- Downloads - Ready to use binaries (executables)
- Supported Formats
- GDAL Utility Programs
- GDAL FAQ
- GDAL Data Model
- GDAL/OGR Governance and Community Participation
- GDAL Service Provider Listings (not vetted)
- Sponsors, Acknowledgements and Credits
- Software Using GDAL
Read more: http://gdal.org/