ESRI offers a professional services package called ArcGIS for Amazon Jumpstart. The Jumpstart package provides installation, configuration support, and technology transfer on a number of standard topics for setting up ArcGIS Server on Amazon’s cloud platform.
ArcGIS Server is not included with the Jumpstart package. You must acquire or use your existing ArcGIS Server Enterprise Advanced licenses to take advantage of this offer.
What is included in the ArcGIS for Amazon Jumpstart package?
The ArcGIS for Amazon Jumpstart package is a consulting service. It includes one week of up to four (4) days of onsite consulting. During this engagement, the ESRI resource will cover the following standard activities:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) orientation
- ArcGIS Server for Amazon Machine Image (AMI) instance setup and configuration
- Sample data set loading
- Create and validate sample ArcGIS Server services
- Create custom AMI based on supported configurations
Upon completion of the standard activities, any remaining hours may be used to address the following topics:
- High Availability and Scalability Architecture
- Data Backup and Snapshot Creation
- Security Considerations
- Monitoring Considerations
- Caching Strategies
What AMIs are available with ArcGIS for Amazon Jumpstart?
The following ArcGIS for Amazon AMIs are available:
ArcGIS Server AMI
- ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 SP1 .Net on Windows 2008
- Includes Network, Spatial, 3D and Geostatistical extensions
- Desktop 9.3.1 SP1 (for administration of ArcGIS Server services only)
- SQL Server Express v2008 (as a repository of users in case user needs to secure access to services)
- A 100Gb drive for GIS Data
Enterprise Geodatabase AMI
- PostgreSQL database v8.3.8 configured for use as an Enterprise Geodatabase on Windows 2008
- A 100Gb drive for storage of data.
Users will be able to launch any type of 64 bit instance from the AMIs. Instances can be launched as either on demand or reserved. Amazon fees as indicated per each service/ component used will apply, and will be up to users agreement with Amazon based on their account.
For more details about Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud features and functionality, visit Amazon EC2.
Read more: http://www.esri.com/partners/alliances/amazon/arcgis-jumpstart.html