As good as it looks? Any experiences to share?
Indiemapper is the smarter, easier, more elegant way to make thematic maps from digital data.
Indiemapper brings traditional cartogra-phy into the 21st century. It's platform independent, location independent and huge-software-budget independent.
Indiemapper closes the gap between data and map by taking a visual approach to map-making. See your data. Make your map. For the first time ever, it's just that simple.
- Real-time, visual editing.
- No software to download or update.
- Expert advice for every step of the mapping process.
- Professional colors from ColorBrewer, type from TypeBrewer, and basemaps from Natural Earth.
- Integrates with your existing workflow; use data from ArcGIS and Google Earth and export to Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Easily create trivariate label, bivariate proportional symbol maps and bivariate cartograms.
- Load shapefile, KML and GPX files.
- Choropleth, dot density, proportional symbol and cartogram mapping.
- Online saving and file versioning.
- Access full map history and roll back to any previous version of your maps.
- Collaborate with your team; invite other users to share, edit, and add comments to a map.
- Manage billing for multiple accounts.
- Work in local mode to keep your data stored only on your local computer.
- Support for most major map projections.
- Map layout for print and screen.
- Export to vector SVG and JPEG / PNG.
- Save your data and map into a single file.
Read more: http://indiemapper.com/