søndag den 14. september 2008

The social web: All about the small stuff



Den globale landsby er blevet til den sociale landsby - livet på nettet er globalt i sin udstrækning og blevet social i sin form - GIS dækker hele spektret.
/Sik



The Global Village has become The Social Village - life on the Net is global but interaktion is social - GIS plays an extensive role in being the platform for both.
/Sik


Quote


[...]

The promise of the social web is about making it easy to share the small stuff -- to make it effortless and rebuild that feeling of connectedness that comes from knowing the details. My wife recently sent out a public Picasa Web Album of baby photos to ten of her friends. Four of them wrote back saying "I didn't know Joe got a new car?!" (her friends browsed through my other public photo albums). While she would never hesitate to share the big event (new baby), she never would have shared the small detail of me getting a new car. This kind of thing is repeated again and again. The small details are left out. A weekend with Grandma and Grandpa? Thinking about selling my house? Are these things all "worth" sharing? Maybe. Sometimes. For some people.

Fortunately, as the web becomes more social, I won't have to spend as much energy thinking about what's "interesting enough" to share with a certain group. The people who care about me and that I allow will increasingly be able to tune in to the parts of my life that interest them.

[...]


Read more: http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2008/09/social-web-all-about-small-stuff.html

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar