The ArcGIS API for Flex is a powerful framework for building rich internet applications (RIAs) on top of ArcGIS Server that look good, run fast and are fun to use. The Flex Resource Center includes help and samples for the API and is part of the ArcGIS Server Resource Center web site. If you used our beta, take a look at What’s New.
What can you do with the ArcGIS API for Flex?
- Display an interactive map of your own data.
- Execute a geoprocessing model on the server and display the results.
- Display your data on an ArcGIS Online basemap.
- Search for features or attributes in your GIS data and display the results.
- Locate addresses and display the results.
- Visualize results in creative ways.
- Create mashups.
Solar Boston map is built with the ArcGIS API for Flex. It's an interactive mapping application that showcases active renewable energy installations in Boston.[...]
Read more: http://blogs.esri.com/Dev/blogs/arcgisserver/archive/2008/10/24/The-ArcGIS-API-for-Flex-1.0-has-been-released.aspx