lørdag den 24. januar 2009

Inaugural gigapan


Som at være der selv ...
/Sik


Be any closer and you 'll bee there ...
/Sik


Quote

David Bergman


I made a panoramic image showing the nearly two million people who watched President Obama’s inaugural address. To do so, I clamped a Gigapan Imager to the railing on the north media platform about six feet from my photo position. The Gigapan is a robotic camera mount that allows me to take multiple images and stitch them together, creating a massive image file.

My final photo is made up of 220 Canon G10 images and the file is 59,783 X 24,658 pixels or 1,474 megapixels. It took more than six and a half hours for the Gigapan software to put together all of the images on my Macbook Pro and the completed TIF file is almost 2 gigabytes. [...]


Read more: 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar