Just in time for Spring, FortiusOne's GeoCommons is getting a great update. You'll find several new features that make finding, using and sharing geographic data and maps much more seamless.
- Shiny, new homepage - Includes helpful info about Finder, Maker and the GeoCommons Community
- Simple Data Uploader - Upload your KML, CSV spreadsheet and shapefiles through a single, simple interface
- Embed feature - Easily embed dynamic, interactive maps into your blog or website
- Projection Support – GeoCommons now supports all projected (.prj) files
- Geo-parsed text files – Upload text docs or Web pages and GeoCommons will detect location names and map them out using the MetaCarta API
- Additional color ramps – Stylize your maps with even more compelling colors
You'll also see information regarding our GeoIQ Enterprise products. The technology platform that powers GeoCommons is now available as an enterprise solution called GeoIQ. GeoIQ delivers core data management and visualization functionality as well as additional analytic features through the GeoIQ Analytics Engine. Contact email@example.com for more information.
GeoCommons Goes Green Contest
In observance of Earth Day, Wednesday April 22, FortiusOne is kicking off the 'GeoCommons Goes Green' contest to raise awareness of environmental issues and encourage greater participation in global conservation efforts.
Just upload a compelling dataset and make a map pertaining to sustainability, climate change, civic initiatives or any other theme that promotes awareness and education of environmental issues. Tag your dataset and map with the contest tag "GCgreen" and FortiusOne's panel of judges will choose the best dataset/map on May 11th. Winners will receive the following fabulous prizes:
Second Prize: National Geographic's Human Footprint DVD
Third Prize: Stickers printed with your Maps!
Join in and help mobilize the GeoCommons Community and beyond in our efforts to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's environment.
Read more: GeoCommons