mandag den 24. august 2009

Genealogical mapping with bing maps and ancestry


Personligt bruger jeg MyHeritage.com ... Men den har ikke andre kort end hurtige opslag på Google Map ...
/Sik


Personally I use MyHeritage.com ... No map service like the one mentioned below though ...
/Sik


Quote

Additionally, Family Tree Maker 2010 provides unique ways to view your family history. You can now track the migration paths of a person and their family through time, by mapping event locations with Bing™ Maps. This is pretty sweet, actually. I entered a bunch of data about my family – where they were born, married and died. Then, as I click on each person’s name I can see the migration path between all of these locations. I can also view the migration paths for several generations of my family. I selected 4 generations of family and you can see the lines rendered on the Bing™ map highlight all family members birthplaces and death places. The more data you get into the application, the more you’ll see migratory flows of where a family came from and is headed. Maybe, had I had this years ago I would’ve known I’d end up in Seattle and could’ve planned for that!

Not to be overshadowed, the Ancestry.com site also has Bing™ Maps integrated right into their user experience. For any location found within a user’s profile you can map it out on their Ancestry.com Maps Beta contained behind the login of their genealogy site. [...]


Read more: http://www.bing.com/community/blogs/maps/archive/2009/08/20/genealogical-mapping-with-bing-maps-and-ancestry.aspx

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar