We are pleased to announce the release of ArcGIS API for Flex 1.2. This May 2009 API release corresponds with the recent release of ArcGIS Server 9.3.1. However, the ArcGIS API for Flex 1.2 can also work with services from both ArcGIS Server 9.3 and 9.3 Service Pack 1.
This new version includes
- Routing using ArcGIS Server 9.3.1.
- Microsoft Virtual Earth mapping.
- Microsoft Virtual Earth geocoding.
- Renderers for simplified thematic mapping.
- Utils package with useful utility classes for converting between geographic and web mercator projections, as well as an easy way to get the extent for an array of graphics.
- New properties on TextSymbol to easily display the value of attributes as the actual text.
- New styles on NavigationSlider to set how tall it should be or how many ticks it should show.
- Nine new and 10+ updated samples.
- Several bug fixes reported by users in the forums and through support channels.
You can see a full list of new functionality, changes and bug fixes in the What's New page in the online SDK.
Contributed by Bjorn Svensson of the ArcGIS API for Flex development team.
Source: ArcGIS Server Blog
Read more: http://blogs.esri.com/Dev/blogs/arcgisserver/archive/2009/05/22/ArcGIS-API-for-Flex-1.2-Released.aspx