onsdag den 6. maj 2009

Rest in Peace, RSS


Jeg anvender selv feeds både som afsender og som modtager. RSS er på ingen måder dødt, men det er formentligt på sit højeste og man ser da en udvanding her og der - Måske er twitter et værdigt supplement måske ikke ... Real time er kommet for at blive ...
/Sik


I use feeds both ways. I my opinion RSS is by no means dead - it's at it's peak and from there there is only one way (down). Perhaps twitter is the new tool or maybe not ... Real time is for good ...
/Sik


Quote

It’s time to get completely off RSS and switch to Twitter. RSS just doesn’t cut it anymore. The River of News has become the East River of news, which means it’s not worth swimming in if you get my drift.

I haven’t been in Google Reader for months. Google Reader is the dominant RSS reader. I’ve done the math: Twitter 365 Google Reader 0. All my RSS feeds are in Google Reader. I don’t go there any more. Since all my feeds are in Google Reader and I don’t go there, I don’t use RSS anymore.

Of course, my friends use RSS, or they used to. Pretty much every blog has an RSS feed, and aggregators like TechMeme spider RSS feeds as well as the original pages on the sites. I’ve wired up TCIT, the Gillmor Gang feed, and my YouTube feed on my FriendFeed, but that’s FriendFeed using RSS, not me. I believe FriendFeed outputs RSS, but I don’t use it.

RSS changed the way we processed information, by turning search into push and content into people. Before RSS, I patrolled the Web for news. Information didn’t exist until I found it. RSS let me identify people likely to write interesting things, and soon I stopped looking and switched to receiving. In this world, partial feeds were irritating, taking me out of my new pristine think tank and back to the hunt and peck methodology. Once back on the site, the goal was to keep me there, or link to partner sites. [...]


Read more: http://www.techcrunchit.com/2009/05/05/rest-in-peace-rss/

1 kommentar:

  1. FriendFeed has less users today than it did last October, according to Comscore. Co-founder Paul Buchheit says that isn’t accurate (and I believe him), but it’s clear that the service hasn’t grown much in the last few months.

    SvarSlet