Faldt over denne blog og jeg må sige at den er interessant læsning. REST, GeoWeb, og der ud af ... få overblik og indblik ...
Found this blog and do I like it ... Good reading ... REST, the GeoWeb and the likes ...
The Geospatial Web, the current darling of location based technologies and neogeography, has been variously described as:
- web mapping – the generation and publication of highly performant web applications that include a map
- mashups – combining spatial data with abstract information to produce novel representations
- a distributed GIS for the web – essentially the combination of elements of traditional GIS technologies with advanced web development tools
- equivalent or synonymous with relatively new technologies such as Google Earth, Microsoft Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, etc.
- communal or user-generated geospatial content
While each of these descriptions is both incomplete and an oversimplification, I assert that at its core the GeoWeb is a technical foundation of information services and collaborative tools built upon or merged with data that provide a spatial context…a location. It is indeed shiny “slippy” maps, Web 2.0 application layouts, nano-formats, mashups, LBS, service-based spatial information sharing, but it is also the hardware, software, information architecture, advanced web application techniques, and people who come together to make such an organic endeavor possible. [...]
Read more: http://briannoyle.wordpress.com/2009/06/15/standard-architecture-for-the-geoweb-give-it-a-rest/