Så er det officielt ...
To: Users of ArcIMS
Subject: Important Notification—ArcIMS 9.3 Java Custom and Java Standard Viewers, ColdFusion Connector, and Platform Deprecation Notice
ESRI has always been committed to providing our customers with the highest level of support and service. However, over time, some components of mature ESRI software must be marked for deprecation. Deprecation means that a particular feature is included in the product but that the support for this feature is now at the mature support level:
- No patches or hot fixes
- No new functionality
- No certification
- Phone support
- E-mail/Fax support
- Online Support Center
At 9.2, ESRI announced the deprecation of these ArcIMS components:
- ArcSDE connection administration in the Service Administrator (not the entire Service Administrator)
- Java Viewer API for use with the Java Custom Viewer
- The Java Custom and Java Standard Viewers (Users should consider using the Web
- Mapping Application that is part of the .NET and Java Web Application Developer
- Framework [ADF]. Note: The HTML Viewer has not been deprecated.)
This means that the Java Custom and Java Standard Viewers and the ColdFusion Connector will not be included with the next release after 9.3.
In addition to these two components, 9.3 will be the last ArcIMS release to support the HP-UX PA-RISC and Windows 2000 Server operating systems.
We recognize the investment our customers have made in ArcIMS software, related hardware, and staff training, so we want to assure you that we will continue to support the core ArcIMS components such as the Spatial Server and the Metadata Server as well as any other component not listed above.
If you have any questions, please contact your local ESRI regional office manager or international distributor.
Director of Product Management