onsdag den 30. juli 2008

Import/Export Google SketchUp to trueSpace

Det er forbundne kar uanset hvordan man ser på det ... Vi har kun én klode

It is all connected no matter how you look at it ... We only have One globe

/Sik
July 29th, 2008 · No Comments · GIS

I blogged about my concern that Microsoft wasn’t supporting SketchUp files in trueSpace last week and I said I’d report back on what I learned.
As long as you have Google SketchUp Pro, the process is really easy. I opened a model in Google SketchUp Pro and exported as a 3ds Max file. But that was the least of my worries. First off, don’t be fooled by Microsoft owning trueSpace though. This product obviously has had zero input from the Microsoft team. The install program wants to install the thing at “C:\trueSpace76″, not putting it in the logical Program Folders place. Second, how many file menus does a program need? Trying to just find a place to import the 3D Studio Max file was difficult. Eventually I realized I wanted the other File menu (the left file menu, not the right file menu).

Read on: http://www.spatiallyadjusted.com/2008/07/29/importexport-google-sketchup-to-truespace/

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar