Beginning Google Maps Mashups with Mapplets, KML, and GeoRSS is a beginner’s guide to creating web mashups using Google mapping technology.
- Serves as a single–source primer to displaying data on Google Maps
- Covers both mapplets and the Google Maps API
- Provides everything you need to start participating in the Geographic Web
What you’ll learn
- “Mash up” GeoWeb services onto a Google map.
- Package your mashup as a mapplet and publish it to maps.google.com.
- Enhance your map with driving directions, local search, map advertising, and more.
- Discover common Google–mapping mistakes to avoid.
- Find out how and when to geocode existing data into mappable coordinates.
- Deliver your own data as GeoXML.